County Fire Prevention is here to serve the needs of customers located in the unincorporated areas of Alameda County excluding the Fairview Fire Protection District Area.  Please contact the Hayward Fire Department if you have questions or needs regarding a project within Fairview. 

Prevention staff are here to help your project become a reality in a timely manner.  You should expect a response to emails and phone messages within two working days, and response to plan check submittals within 10 days. 

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I request an inspection?

Send us an e-mail and include the following information:

  • Location, complete street address, and cross streets if applicable
  • Preferred date and time (please give us a few days’ notice)
  • The type of inspection being requested.
  • Your name, phone number and e-mail.

You may also call our Prevention Office at 925-833-3473 ext. 1163. If you get our voicemail, please include all the above information. Once your inspection has been scheduled, you will receive an email confirmation.

How do I submit plans for a fire system or other direct fire permit?

Please review the submittal guide and e-mail your plans directly to or mail/drop them off to County Fire Prevention, 6363 Clark Avenue, Dublin, CA 94568.

What are the current development guidelines in unincorporated Alameda County (excluding Fairview?)
Click here to review the Development Guidelines.
I have a question about Alameda County fire codes.
Please e-mail your question to or call 925-833-3473 ext. 1163.
What are the current Fire Prevention fees?
Click here to view the fee schedule.
Where can I access the fire permit application?
Click here for the ACFD fire permit application.
What are the rural water tank requirements?
Click here to view the typical requirements for rural water tanks.
What are the permit requirements for an Emergency Responder Radio Coverage System?

A construction permit is required for the installation of or modification to emergency responder radio coverage systems and related equipment. Maintenance work does not require a permit. Click here to view the full information bulletin.

How do I submit a building permit?
Click here to go to the Alameda County Permit Portal.
How do I start water service?

The East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD) provides water service in Unincorporated Alameda County. In order to request water service, a water service form must be completed by the Fire Department. Click here to learn more about these requirements.

How do I request Fire Prevention records?