COUNTY FIRE PREVENTION
County Fire Prevention is here to serve the needs of customers located in the unincorporated areas of Alameda County excluding the Fairview Fire Protection District Area. Please contact the Hayward Fire Department if you have questions or needs regarding a project within Fairview.
Prevention staff are here to help your project become a reality in a timely manner. You should expect a response to emails and phone messages within two working days, and response to plan check submittals within 10 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I request an inspection?
Send us an e-mail email@example.com and include the following information:
- Location, complete street address, and cross streets if applicable
- Preferred date and time (please give us a few days’ notice)
- The type of inspection being requested.
- Your name, phone number and e-mail.
You may also call our Prevention Office at 925-833-3473 ext. 1163. If you get our voicemail, please include all the above information. Once your inspection has been scheduled, you will receive an email confirmation.
How do I submit plans for a fire system or other direct fire permit?
What are the current development guidelines in unincorporated Alameda County (excluding Fairview?)
I have a question about Alameda County fire codes.
What are the current Fire Prevention fees?
Where can I access the fire permit application?
What are the rural water tank requirements?
What are the permit requirements for an Emergency Responder Radio Coverage System?
A construction permit is required for the installation of or modification to emergency responder radio coverage systems and related equipment. Maintenance work does not require a permit. Click here to view the full information bulletin.
How do I submit a building permit?
How do I start water service?
How do I request Fire Prevention records?
- City of Dublin: email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
- City of Emeryville: submit requests online here
- City of Newark: emails requests to email@example.com
- City of San Leandro: submit requests online here
- City of Union City: submit requests online here
- Unincorporated Alameda County: email requests to CountyFP@acgov.org